Pages

Monday 9 June 2014

don't split!





Hello!!!!


in my last post I got a comment from lovely Minah Park about hair that easily breaks. I thought that instead of writing the answer in another comment I will make a separate post about it (^_^)

There are a few options actually. The first one is probably "the worst" one, especially if you want to grow your hair long!

1. CUT CUT CUT
I know, it hurts to cut your beloved hair :c BUT if like a half of your hair is badly damaged (for example because of bleaching your hair, using hairdryer everyday etc.) there's no point of keeping it like that. 
why?
- it looks BAD. really, unhealthy looking hair won't make anyone prettier
- your hair is focusing on "fixing" the damage so it just stops growing


2. PREVENT!
lets say you cut your hair... what next? prevention of course! you don't want this to happen again, right? there is lots of products that help prevent further breakage!

TRESemmé Anti-Breakage series should work fine c:

if you've got problems with split ends, just try cosmetics that seal them!



Hair care with keratin is also very good for damaged and frizzy hair!


to be honest, personally I don't really have problems with breakage. maybe that's because I stopped bleaching my hair? or maybe because for a long time I've been cutting it every month to get rid of all the damage? no idea. but for sure, after EVERY wash I use a hair serum for my ends.

3. STYLE WISELY

I'm not gonna say "don't use hairdryer" or "stop curling/straightening your hair" because I do that myself so it would be a hypocrisy :D BUT think before you do anything to your hair!
- "styling" starts just after you wash your hair!!! do you rub it with towel? DON'T! it causes LOTS of breakage!
- start using a comb with wide set teeth! 
- to prevent creating tangles use a leave-in detangling spray! I use the one that protects from heat and nourishes your hair C: 
- if you style your hair using a round brush and a hairdryer invest in CERAMIC brush! and really, don't forget to use heat-protecting cosmetics! for thin hair those in spray would be the best.
- don't tie your hair using these really thin ties! they seriously CUT your hair! literally!
- use CERAMIC curling irons and straighteners! also remember to set the right temperature!!! for my delicate hair I use only 160'C
- NEVER start using hot tools on wet/damp hair!!!! 





4. HAIR SERUMS AND OILS ARE YOUR BEST FRIENDS!
 Once again, they're definitely the best for your hair. use serum after every wash! when it comes to oils you can use them on the ends instead of serum and/or you can use them for example once a week for an overnight treatment (especially when it comes to Indian oils, Vatika etc.).


5. FOOD FOR YOUR HAIR
 your diet also affects the condition of your hair! for beautiful and healthy hair you need aminoacids, proteins and vitamins (like Zinc, vit A, vit C, vit E, iron and Magnesium). you can find them in such products as nuts, avocado, spinach, beans, beef, sea fish, eggs, butter etc.



I hope this post helped (^___^) !

don't forget to comment! see you next week (^o^)






No comments:

Post a Comment